Interview with Lori
"Learn more about Lori Glavin"
Read the full length interview with Lori in our blog
- Glavin is based in Norwalk, CT.
- She works predominantly in mixed media color field abstractions.
- She graduated from Syracuse University with a BFA in editorial design and worked as an art director and designer in New York for over a decade before shifting her focus to fine art.
"In the studio I work on many paintings and projects at once. I usually have 5 to 7 pieces that I am actively working on. This practice deemphasizes the importance of a single piece and allows me to take more chances."
- Lori co-founded Wilson Avenue Loft Artists - a group of 15 artist studios in Norwalk CT in 2007.
- Lori received a grant to attend a month-long residency at Vermont Studio Center, Johnson, VT in 2015. Her work there focused on using business reply envelopes and sewing on paper.
"In addition to making paintings, I am a printmaker and collage artist. I often use materials from my home as a starting point for my work; mailing envelopes, scraps of fabric, knitting projects, packaging, old cancelled checks, pre-internet maps."
- In her spare time Lori gardens and dabbles in masonry.
- Lori’s grandmother was a painter, her mother is a potter and her son is an artist.
Selected press on the artist:
On Edge, The Painting Center, NYC, March 22, 2018
Featured Artist on The Gathered Gallery blog, October 4, 2017
Women's-Work-to-open, WCSU.edu/newsevents, January 14, 2017
Noelle Newell, Passion for Art, The rich history of Connecticut, Wall Street International, October 12, 2016
New Canaan Darien Magazine -Wilson Avenue Loft Artists explore a Sense of Place in October Exhibition, October, 2016
Abby Luby. Collage incorporate personal memorabilia, The Stamford Advocate. March 31, 2011.
Jennifer Hassell. "The gorgeous art of Lori Glavin", Orange and Pear, March 31, 2011